Thursday, December 24, 2009

How does the flash from any camera in general affect the appearance of gold?

While I was on vacation in Warsaw, Poland, I visited the Royal Castle, bringing along with me my camera. I saw many interesting things there, mainly a room made of almost 40% gold, so obviously intrigued to take a picture, but was stopped and told to turn off the flash on my camera first. So, my question is, how does camera flash affect gold in any way?How does the flash from any camera in general affect the appearance of gold?
It might have more to do with the other 60% of the room. There may have been valuable paintings, tapestries, etc, that are prone to fading. Anyway, they make the rules and you gotta abide by them. Hope you had a fast lens with you.How does the flash from any camera in general affect the appearance of gold?
A photo flash is equal to 8 hours of sunlight concentrated in a millesecond. You would either be helping to damage the gold


(this is why you can't use flash photographing old paintings). Why would you use flash on gold? It would reflect. Your photos are much better without.

No comments:

Post a Comment