Thursday, December 24, 2009

Are the flash brackets that flip the flash any good? Should I get one that flips the camera?

Seems as though the ones that flip the flash wouldn't be as good because the flash is sideways. I know it's still above the lens, but the light itself is flipped. Does that affect the flash? Should I get one that flips the camera?Are the flash brackets that flip the flash any good? Should I get one that flips the camera?
Flipping the camera itself will not really accomplish what you want unless you want a portrait oriented shot. What might interest you is something like this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/46鈥?/a> it gets the flash off to the side and eliminates red eye.





Check out these guys http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/ they live for that off camera flash stuff and love to talk about it too.Are the flash brackets that flip the flash any good? Should I get one that flips the camera?
Visit your local professional camera store and try different flash brackets. Ask about the advantages/disadvantages of each and then choose one you like. Buy it from that salesperson since you've taken his time.





If you're a Nikon user I suggest the SK-6 Power Bracket. It uses 4 AA batteries and can reduce the recycle time of your flash (SB600, SB800) by up to 1/2.





I've been a fan of off-camera flash brackets for many many years. I really can't imagine using a flash mounted on my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment