Monday, December 28, 2009

How come NHL arenas will flash strobe lights from the rafters during the game?

I've frequently been to the Shark's arena, but also visited Joe Louis, Honda Center, Staples Center, and United Airlines Center. And during the game they will flash strobe lights, not for a long time, just 2-3 times every couple of minutes. It seems to happen only when the puck is in play though. You are even able to see this by watching games on tv. Although it's easier to see in HD. But it gets real annoying after a while, and was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.How come NHL arenas will flash strobe lights from the rafters during the game?
Bill W that's a low blow. All sunbelt fans are not idiots contrary to popular belief. Anyway, the strobesare there for the team photographers.It can get a bit annoying at times.How come NHL arenas will flash strobe lights from the rafters during the game?
I didnt know the Billy Ray Cyrus look came back.





';I want my mullet back, my ol' camaro and my A-Track';
its when they take a picture
No. But I'm suprised that they don't have the strobe light INSIDE the puck to make it easier for Sunbelt hockey fans to see the puck.





Holy cow people are sensitive. I don't flip out at all of those generalizations about Canadians being hockey freaks. Oh well.
BILL W - I won't hunt you down because it IS Christmas Eve, so have a good one.





I pray that your New Year's resolution will involving being nicer to us though. Don't be prejudice towards the generalization please.
It is the camera flash from team photographers.
I've noticed it on TV, and I don't have an HDTV, just a traditional CRT. I assumed it was a camera flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment