Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I repair the flash on my HP Photosmart 315 digital camera?

We have had an HP Photosmart 315 digital camera for almost 7 years now. While it is not high tech quality it has always worked well for us. Recently the flash has stopped working. I am sure it needs a new bulb or something of the sort but we aren't sure how to repair/replace it. Does anyone have any info or guidance on this one? Please don't say ';Buy a new camera';...we would love to but can't right now.How do I repair the flash on my HP Photosmart 315 digital camera?
IF there are parts still available for your camera, you will have to take it to a repair shop to have it installed and tested .. they have both tools and technology.





That said, you can find some very nice cameras that may cost less than it will to repair your seven year old camera.How do I repair the flash on my HP Photosmart 315 digital camera?
It's not so simple as getting a new bulb, I'm afraid. Repair costs are more than the camera is worth. Xenon tubes are not meant to be user-replaceable and it might be another component, like the flash capacitors.





Since you can't afford a new camera, I suggest you simply get a used digital camera. Your HP 315 is a 2mp camera, and I suspect you could probably pick up a working used 4mp camera for under $50 off craigslist or eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment